Application Support Analyst
Our specialised and growing team is looking for a highly skilled Application Support Analyst to join us. The role of the Application Support Analyst is critical in maintaining the smooth functioning of our bespoke applications and Service Desk Plus, a leading commercial off-the-shelf software. As an Application Support Analyst, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to, performing root cause analysis of application issues and creating corrective action plans following the industry-standard ITIL framework: incident, problem, and change management. You will also be responsible for writing, maintaining and managing a knowledge database of issues and their resolution or workarounds. Additionally, you will need to execute and deliver regularly scheduled application tasks and processes on time. Building strong and close working relationships with key business stakeholders and end-users is essential to the role. You will also be expected to assist with testing system upgrades, releases, and enhancements for production acceptance, identify opportunities for systems improvement and actively contribute to their implementation. As part of a virtual, distributed team, you will work on key projects to develop, enhance, and implement systems. This position ensures seamless business operations across various organisational units, such as Trading, Operations, Invoicing, Credit, and Legal. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem-solving, end-user training, and comprehensive documentation. By being part of our team, you will be the face of our applications, playing a vital role in upholding the operational excellence that empowers our diverse business functions.
- Be part of the front-line Application Support team resolving incidents and service request queries.
- Ensure all guides and training materials are available and kept up to date in accordance with the latest changes.
- Take ownership of incidents, service requests and problem tickets that are assigned to the Application Support Team in Service Desk Plus.
- Ensure incidents are acknowledged, updated and resolved within the defined SLA.
- Escalate incidents where appropriate and liaise with the Head of Application Support to ensure prompt resolution.
- Innovate and work with the Head of Application Support to implement improvements, automation and self-service capabilities into existing processes and applications, reducing the number of tickets coming into service desk plus.
- Ensure Problem tickets are kept active, updated and resolved in line with the Problem management process.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our trading application and be the subject matter expert.
- Provide daily assistance to users of the system across different departments and locations.
- Work with the Head of Application Support to monitor application usage, identify knowledge gaps, and report on areas for user education to optimise effectiveness.
- Provide a high level of support on operational issues.
- Provide training to new and existing users.
- Keep up to date with key enhancements and developments and communicate this to end users.
- Support User Acceptance Testing for new releases.
- Assist in ad hoc business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with using and documenting bespoke applications and the ability to become a subject matter expert for the application within a short period of time.
- Experience in providing training to stakeholders and end users.
- Analysing and determining the root cause of recurring issues.
- Logical thinking ability, proactive attitude, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with using ITSM tools such as Service Desk Plus, Service Now (SNOW) or Zendesk.
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability.
- Some SQL knowledge.
- A proactive and adaptable individual who is willing to take on additional responsibilities to cover for the Application Support team during peak periods such as annual leave or illness. Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying information at both technical and non-technical levels.
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, coupled with the experience of working in an entrepreneurial trading environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues.
- Excellent orientation towards customer and internal stakeholders, with the ability to effectively listen and respond to user queries.
- Flexibility and self-motivation, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively under time constraints, handle pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Hard-working, goal-oriented and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner, and with a level of authority.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively within time constraints, work under pressure and meet deadlines. A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCREDITATIONS
- A relevant degree in Information Systems, computing studies, IT or other related fields.
- A minimum of 3- 5 years of experience as Application Support Analyst or a similar role.
- Experience of supporting business critical applications and customer facing web applications.
- Ideally, experience working with operating systems: Microsoft Office, ERP systems, databases skills (SQL) and using cloud-based applications.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, ideal.
- Knowledge of oil & gas or energy industry (desirable).