Working with the Senior Claims Executive, you will be involved in handling the company’s day to day claims (quality, quantity, delays, cargo demurrage and demand letters for late payment of our invoices). Interact closely with other teams (supply and customer traders, commercial management, quality, etc.), giving them advice and recommendations on how to solve the claims.
- Handling bunker and cargo claims, disputes and late payment collections for the Peninsula offices globally.
- Working closely with the rest of the Legal team, with Quality, Credit and the Commercial Teams, assisting the Senior Claims Executive in running Peninsula’s Claims function, with the aim of resolving disputes whilst protecting Peninsula’s position.
- Be involved in handling demurrage claims and develop good commercial relationships with Peninsula’s traders to gain their trust and confidence.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in claims handling.
- A broad knowledge of the shipping market and commercial vessel operations.
- A good understanding of the legal position and background to a claim and be able to advise Commercial colleagues and Management as to the relevant options.
- First-class communication skills with the ability to engage and explain to colleagues as well as successfully negotiating with customers.
- The ability to manage and prioritise an extensive workload and meeting hard deadlines.
- The knowledge, ability and confidence to know when and how to pushback on stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment with a changing landscape.
- Proficient in English.
- Dynamic, extrovert and commercial.
- Excellent attention to detail and a team-player.
- Spanish speaker (native or proficiency level).
- Willingness to relocate.
Qualifications / Accreditations:
- Law degree with shipping background
- Qualification from UK university