This is a key role supporting Peninsula’s in-house legal team based in London. As Corporate Paralegal your role will be to assist the legal team in managing all global company compliance requirements for the Peninsula group. Working closely with Senior Counsel and the Deputy General Counsel, you will also assist with setting up new corporate entities in various jurisdictions, managing any associated compliance requirements, and deal with Know Your Counterparty (KYC) requests from stakeholders such as suppliers, customers and banks. You will need to be an extremely organised and motivated graduate who has successfully completed, or is currently completing, their LPC. An understanding of the shipping or energy industries and previous experience in a Paralegal role would be desirable.
- Coordinating and ensuring corporate secretarial compliance for all Peninsula entities across the world in a timely manner.
- Working with third parties and Peninsula’s authorised signatories to ensure corporate compliance documents and KYC forms are correctly executed and circulated to the relevant parties.
- Arranging powers of attorney for Peninsula entities.
- Coordinating the execution and certification of documents (agreements or deeds) as well as other notarisation/apostilling requirements.
- Working with external corporate services’ firms or law firms in various jurisdictions to complete incoming corporate secretarial compliance requirements.
- Reviewing and completing KYC requests for the legal team and other key departments across Peninsula in various offices across the world.
- Assisting the legal team and other key departments with the opening, KYC compliance and maintenance of bank accounts.
- Maintaining up-to-date records including physical/electronic files and spreadsheets in relation to corporate compliance and other similar matters.
- Drafting corporate documentation and forms such as board minutes and editing for quality, consistency and content.
- Coordinating and supervising the execution of Board Meetings and AGMs where necessary.
- Supporting the legal team with other general administrative duties where necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of the shipping or energy industries and previous experience as a Corporate Paralegal would be desirable.
- Good knowledge of company law and governance (preferably English).
- Extremely organised and highly motivated.
- Ability to view situations from different and potentially competing angles i.e. commercial or business perspective.
- Ability to work under pressure and time-sensitive deadlines and working on own initiative.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, communicate clearly and appropriately.
- Skilled at building and maintaining excellent working relationships in the team and the company.