The role will be responsible for enhancing the contracts and confirmation practices across the organisation. The suitable candidate should be highly literate with an excellent academic record and possess a degree in Business, Commercial, Law or equivalent. They should be confident working with complex documentation and any previous contractual or trading background is a prerequisite. You will have the ability to develop oneself and others, to develop and evolve Risk Management processes and reports.
- Oversee the Contracts Function in executing the following tasks:
– Creating sale contracts and reviewing incoming purchase contracts in a timely manner.
– Coordinate prompt resolution of any deal entry discrepancies / exceptions with internal stakeholders.
– Resolve contractual disputes with counterparties, liaising with Legal Affairs as necessary.
– Review third party general terms and conditions and recommend amendments.
– Review all tenders prior to bid submission ensuring traders are fully aware of the terms the company would be contracted to in the event of a successful bid.
– Assist and advise the trading teams in negotiating more complex, bespoke contractual arrangements.
– Management of team and workload.
- Ensure that traders are fully aware of the commercial and financial risk associated with their business and ensure all contracts and agreements are robustly drafted, fit for purpose and serve to best protect the company’s assets.
- Understand the compliance issues / critical controls affecting relevant trades and reporting potential problems.
- Provide paralegal support and general contractual commercial advice to the trading teams and support functions.
- Contribute to the Risk Management Department in a managerial capacity identifying process gaps, improvements, enhancements and synergies across all functions.
- Ensure the Contracts function operates in best in class capacity which exceeds accepted best industry practice and is consistent with all internal and external audit requirements.
- Oversee development, mentoring and training of team members ensuring the team is equipped with a consistently high level of expertise across all areas of the business