DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Customer Credit / Supply Credit (Hybrid Role)
LOCATION: London / Gibraltar
The credit administrator will support and assist the Customer & Supply Credit teams with their daily tasks in terms of data manipulation, data entry, analysis, KYC, Sanction, and risk assessment. The Customer Credit Risk is a core function within Peninsula. The team provides credit lines to a wide variety of local, regional, and global shipping & commodity customers. Peninsula’s approach to credit analysis combines sound counterparty risk assessment with analysis of global commodity and shipping markets to manage a portfolio of counterparties operating across a range of sectors and countries. The supply credit team is an established function within the Peninsula Group. Some of the responsibilities of this function are to analyze the supplier base of the company and provide valuable and tangible advice on how to optimize our credit utilization. Daily interaction with internal and external stakeholders. Meanwhile, the department contributes to the forecast of payments for our worldwide supplier portfolio and assists in building the group’s cash-flow. Moreover, the department is tasked with bespoke analysis queries, contributing to the company’s in multifaceted strategy plan.
- Monitor daily credit requests and help maintain the company’s credit exposure within the framework of the company’s risk appetite
- Monitor company’s overdue ledger and follow-up with traders to ensure overdue payments are settled promptly
- Ensure credit procedures and trades are compliant with company’s sanctions policy
- Assist with and follow through the process of negotiating and executing credit-related documentation
- Continue towards improving the process and procedures of the department to optimise output and maximise efficiency
- Proactively engage with Front, Middle and Back offices functions and other key stakeholders to resolve credit related issues
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis work where required
- Analyse large data sets to contribute in tangible credit allocations and strategies.
- Ongoing liaison with traders and managers to promote and encourage credit awareness in dealing with suppliers; monitor and enforce the company’s KYC policies.
- Support Supply Credit Analyst and/or Supply Credit Manager on any other adhoc duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite, specifically with Excel.
- Ability to communicate at business level in a second language is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to demonstrate confidence in presenting analysis clearly and concisely.
- Ability to concurrently prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
- Display a flexible and adaptable attitude to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-starter and passionate about process improvement.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team.
- An open mind and a commitment to understanding other people’s points of view in a multi-cultural work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCREDITATIONS
- Finance, Economics, or of a quantitative nature diploma/qualification.