The Credit team is integrated into the wider Analysis department covering market analysis and credit risk appraisal. Peninsula Petroleum’s approach to credit analysis combines sound counterparty risk assessment with market analysis in order to provide well-justified recommendations. The Credit Analyst will contribute to the counterparty risk appraisal analysis team tasks as they develop timely and accurate reports on credit risk and the global commodity and shipping markets.
• Monitor daily credit requests and help maintain the company’s credit exposure within the framework of the company’s risk appetite.
• Ensure that credit reviews are using all relevant research, investigation methods and available data to provide justification/explanation for credit recommendations and decisions.
• Through continued liaison with traders globally help to promote and encourage credit awareness throughout the company; monitor and enforce the company’s credit risk policies with the objective of achieving ‘zero bad debt’.
• Monitor company’s overdue ledger and follow-up with traders to ensure overdue payments are settled promptly; identify potential bad debt and work in collaboration with the Legal team to recover payment.
• Monitor company’s credit insurance portfolio and continue working with insurance underwriters to ensure maximum coverage.
• Ensure credit procedures and trades are compliant with company’s sanctions policy.
• Ensure that all credit-related aspects of CRM database are accurately maintained.
• Continue towards improving the process and procedures of the department to optimise output and maximise efficiency.
• Work in close co-operation with the traders and Finance team to optimise margins on deals.
• Proactively engage with Front, Middle and Back offices functions and other key stakeholders to resolve credit related issues.
• Perform ad hoc research and analysis work where required.
• Proactively monitor and report on market and other developments impacting counterparties in the assigned region.
• Continue to build up a network of contacts within the industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in an analytical role in a relevant industry, i.e. shipping, commodities, energy.
• Highly proficient in MS Office suite, specifically with Excel; proficiency in programming languages is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate at business level in a second language is an advantage.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to demonstrate confidence in presenting analysis clearly and concisely.
• Strong ability to manage data effectively, interpret and present data trends.
• Strong interest in international commodity and shipping markets together with macroeconomic environment.
• Ability to concurrently prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
• Display a flexible and adaptable attitude to respond quickly to changing priorities.
• Self-starter and passionate about process improvement.
• Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team.
• An open mind and a commitment to understanding other people’s points of view in a multi-cultural work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCREDITATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Finance, Economics, Business, Science