CTRM Business Analyst
Manage and support our Aspect CTRM system, liaising with Front and Middle Office to resolve any Production queries or issues raised. Working with internal stakeholders to translate business requirements into detailed Functional Design documents that will either be used by our in-house software development team or by 3rd party organisations working on our behalf on our Aspect CTRM system.
- Supporting the business by performing query resolution for any CTRM issues encountered as part of BAU activities covering Front and Middle Office
- Communicate with stakeholders to explain any outputs produced by CTRM system reporting suite.
- Requirements gathering, design, and working with development teams to produce bespoke CTRM solutions.
- Define and implement process improvements within CTRM system that improve organisation effectiveness.
- Supporting the implementation and development of customised CTRM solutions.
- Understand and coordinate the impact of required changes due to analytical issues with stakeholders/depts.
- Reconciliation of risk metrics between CTRM system and proprietary in-house trade capture system.
- Coordinate and collaborate across Technology and other areas of the firm where needed.
- Coordinate with 3rd party organisations ensuring build quality is adhered to.
- Assembly, unit, and integration testing of bespoke CTRM solutions.
- Conducting business analysis using data modelling to accurately reflect CTRM requirements.
- Identifying how data model requirements can be implemented within the data structures of information systems. Including proposed data structures within our bespoke systems.
- Reduce the use of free text fields in systems when making any amendments in line with the appropriate business process changes along with the operational risk team.
- Working with operational risk to ensure that we do not break the existing business processes.
- Working with the Data Architect & Technical Architect to ensure requirements do not degrade system performance.
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle change process CAB meetings.
- Part of daily scrum process to provide early feedback and responses to developer questions.
- Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
- Document problems / requirements
- Document proposed solutions as part of a functional specification in line with company standards.
- Broad, enterprise wide-view of businesses, and appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Drive & support the continuous improvement initiatives, including design, configuration, test and implementation.
- Produce technical documentation (Requirements Specification, Test Plan, Training documentation, User Stories).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst Project Manager
- Proven experience working within a Commodity Trading environment or working for a consultancy working onsite at a commodity trading firm.
- Strong experience and understanding of end-to-end trade lifecycle within physical commodities.
- Expert knowledge of front-end use of CTRM system(s) as well as strong background in CTRM system architecture.
- Experience of customisation and development of CTRM systems.
- Solid understanding of Market Risk management, structuring and valuation of risk (Exposure and Trading PnL calculation).
- Strong analytical skills solid numerical skills and a high level of attention to detail; able to analyse and interpret complex information.
- Experience in Project Delivery and software development project management.
- Good understanding of test-driven development.
- Ability to take a structured and analytical approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable leading design workshops.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner.
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Work on multiple projects and use strong time management skills and prioritise your workload accordingly.
- Solid leadership and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of the principles of information security and segregation of duties
- Good understanding of quality assurance best practice.
- Understanding of scrum / agile and waterfall software development methodologies Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required trainings.
- Knowledge of Fuel oil and the Bunker Industry desirable.
Previous experience working within Market Risk Management
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Analysis or equivalent / Economics or a STEM subject