Reporting & Data Visualization Developer
The Reporting & Data Visualization Developer will be responsible for building interactive visualizations using Power BI and Excel to tie various data points from multiple sources to create compelling and meaningful dashboards and reports for use internally within Peninsula and external stakeholders. A high level of data analytics as well as technical bench strength to work with multiple data sources based on SQL, excel, csv and web services will be required to succeed in this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 2+ Years experience in developing responsive user friendly interactive data visualizations, dashboards and reports in Power BI that will be consumed in the Power BI service
• 2+ Years experience implementing robust security models in the Power BI service
• 2+ years experience in Power BI Admin – managing dashboards, data sources, security, schedules, extracts, work spaces, gateways as well as the Power BI / 365 configuration to deploy it
• 2+ Years experience working with Excel VBA to extract data from SQL Server to produce reports and dashboards
• Experience in implementing Power BI within Microsoft 365 SharePoint
• Experience in designing and development of performant and scalable Data Sources
• Strong MS SQL query writing experience – the successful candidate will be required to create/ consume views & stored procedures to power data visualizations, dashboards and reports
• Experience creating connectors to extract data from web services and API’s.
• Experience of eliciting and documenting requirements from both technical and non technical users at all organizational levels within Peninsula Petroleum.
• Experience in documenting technical solutions
• Work in an agile team environment to deliver results on a consistent iterative basis.
• Keeps abreast in changes in the data visualization and BI technologies and best practices.
• Participate in planning and sizing activities.
• Hard-working, goal-oriented and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively within time constraints, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner, and with a level of authority
• Confidence and ability to present and explain the results of analysis
• Able to work co-operatively and productively with others; actively contributes to successful team performance and the achievement of shared goals
• Ability to display appropriate level of autonomy.
• Ability to seek appropriate level of feedback.