Graduate Risk Analyst
Risk Graduate will be part of the product control & operational risk departments. Product control is responsible for the daily recording and monitoring of trade activity in the Front Office, and ensuring activity is within acceptable limits. Operational risk management risk attributable to inadequate or failed processes, people, systems, or external events. The department as a whole aim to accurately report and preserve commercial profits, drive efficiency, and improve the sustainability of Peninsula.
• Measure and report daily on Peninsula positions, valuations, risks, and sensitivity to commodity prices and other scenario analysis
• Independently generate / source forward price curves to impartially value portfolio at market levels
• Monitoring trading and marketing risk limit and DOA compliance and investigate trigger, breach events or unusual trading activities.
• Ensure that the trading positions and trading P/L are reconciled to the Management Accounting (MA) records, monthly; MIMA month end reconciliations
• Develop and oversee risk policies and procedures pertaining to trading and marketing to strengthen Peninsula control processes, framework, and overall operating environment.
• Assist with control checks with regards to Peninsula’s cargo and bunker contracts ensuring trades are accurately captured on timely basis within the internal risk management system.
• Investigate incidents and controlled exceptions to determine impact and root cause. Document events via incident report and make recommendations for improvement / remediation.
• Help document and/or update company processes within the firm’s enterprise architecture system.
• Provide support on new business and change initiatives undertaken by the business.