Junior Cargo Operations Executive
DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Cargo Operations
You will be responsible for Operations related duties for Peninsulas Gibraltar office, including the continuous monitoring of terminals, and cargo sales and purchases, close coordination with various suppliers, customers, terminals, and inspections companies to support the whole chain of supply and full responsibility for all post-trade activities. You need to be well organised, proactive, and possess excellent communication skills as well as a thorough understanding of the cargo operations process, ideally in Gibraltar.
• Closely coordinating with counterparties including shipping agents, cargo suppliers/customers, surveyors, and Cargo traders for following the operations properly
• Endeavour to provide notice of potential issues to trading teams as well as proactively look for solutions.
• Ensure local customs procedures are fulfilled.
• Proactively chase for Cargo docs, invoices, and other relevant documentation from all parties involved in the operation.
• Advising of port dues, calling costs and other related costs at the point of quoting and following through to ensure correct invoicing.
• Organisation and monitoring of daily terminal operations.
• Supporting local and worldwide traders within the company
• Ensure correct and timely updates in the trading application (PTA) for all operations
• Adhere to all procedures/processes & policies regarding usage of Company information systems, including CRM, trips, trading platform, expenses and leads
• Staying current with all relevant industry news
• Knowledge of Customs Regulation that applies in Europe
• Closely coordinating with barges ops for daily operations
• Closely coordinating with ship brokers for FOB cargo positions.