Product Control Analyst
DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Middle Office
LOCATION: Gibraltar / London
This role focuses on the preparation and production daily P&L reporting to enable the business to understand and manager commercial & trading performance across a specific region e.g. Europe, Americas. This includes daily volume exposure reporting, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly Management Information to Management Accounts reconciliations.
- Working closely with Traders internally to ensure data is accurate and timely; and, with the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, either in tank, barges, waterborne, in pipe, etc (delivered or to be delivered);
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, and also to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day;
- Providing commercial analysis; specifically, monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations;
- Analyse the operative performance of Peninsula barges (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls;
- Work closely with the Finance team at month end to ensure accurate reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business level of English language essential
- 3-5 years relevant experience within oil trading; additionally, the candidate may have held other relevant positions within an energy trading environment.
- Strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group and externally.
- Track record of improving existing procedures.
- Experience in physical oil operations.
- Experience of managing or supporting business growth.
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports. To identify easily when something doesn’t look or feel right.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of other languages is desirable
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCREDITATIONS
- Accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA) preferred