Head of Asia, Alternative Fuels Origination & Sales
The role will be required to identify prospective LNG & Alternative Fuels bunkering opportunities globally using a variety of methods including analysis of market data and tools, building relationships with customers, and preparing and delivering presentations internally and externally as required. This is an exciting opportunity within a key strategic team to contribute directly and indirectly to business growth and development in this sector. The role requires existing in-depth knowledge of the main technical aspects of shipping and bunkering together with a proactive, entrepreneurial and tenacious approach to drive success.
- Identify and prioritize prospective LNG & Alternative Fuels bunkering opportunities globally.
- Continually monitoring, using all sources available, the existing and on order LNG & Alternative Fuels fuelled fleet and LNG & Alternative Fuels bunker vessels fleet. Based on business analysis and rationale, produce lists of shipowners to contact and offer Peninsula’s LNG & Alternative Fuels supply service.
- Constant use of tools like MINT to identify and track business opportunities and our competitors’ LNG & Alternative Fuels bunkering businesses.
- Build, manage relationship and account plan with key LNG bunkering customers, which may include having direct conversations with certain customers, individually or along with the customer’s trader.
- Participate where required in commercial presentations to customers.
- Support and strengthen traders’ activity in Peninsula’s LNG & Alternative Fuels bunker marketing, and proactively follow-up where applicable.
- Develop and prepare high value presentations on LNG, alternative fuels, and carbon management for variety of audiences
- Follow and keep information updated on all new trends in alternative fuels and potential green hydrogen, green methanol, and green ammonia projects within proximity of relevant ports where Peninsula is physically present.
- Follow and keep information updated on existing and new regulations that could have any impact on Peninsula’s existing or future business (e.g. Fit for 55, MEPC76, carbon emissions, etc)
- Follow and keep information updated on carbon management trends within the bunkering industry.
- Identify, suggest contracting and subsequently manage worldwide natural gas and LNG prices and news information resource. Incorporate them within Peninsula’s reporting systems where possible/applicable and facilitate access to traders and anyone else interested in Peninsula to the data.
- Coordinate with existing CRM system adaptation to include LNG and new fuels, and responsibility for keeping it up to date (direct system input and through customer traders).
- Responsible for arranging and preparing content as required for regular reporting meetings and any other adhoc meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of main technical aspects of shipping and bunkering.
- 5+ years of experience working in shipping industry
- Fluent English language both spoken and written as well as ideally (at least) one other language
- Hard-working, goal-oriented and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- An analytical mind-set, solid numerical skills and a high level of attention to detail; able to analyse and interpret complex information, process data and provide credible recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to collate and present information in a concise, logical manner, and with authority to a variety of audiences (where required)
- Strong interpersonal and social skills including empathy, and the ability to build, expand and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities; effective time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Able to work co-operatively and productively with others; actively contribute to successful team performance and the achievement of shared goals and equally able to work independently with a minimal level of supervision
- Ambitious, self-motivated, entrepreneurial approach
- Demonstrates a proactivity, curiosity and willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package and able to work with CRM systems