Sales Trader -Yachts
This role engages in the purchase and sale of marine fuel and associated products and is required to foster profitable and longstanding relationships, whist maintaining a risk aware perspective with regard to credit risk and payment performance
- Pro-actively market to a portfolio of new and existing customers, establish and build relationships with a view to increasing enquiries and selling the products and services of Peninsula.
- Establish and build relationships with new and existing Captains and suppliers to increase strike rate and margin on business within the region.
- Work closely with the global Yachts team to allow for the efficient flow of market and customer intelligence.
- Understand, analyse and interpret market conditions, identify counterparty needs, provide product and price information, negotiate deals and handle general customer queries relating to the sales process.
- Follow market fundamentals as well as local cargo index movements/variances to identify opportunities to establish competitive advantage.
- Work with the Yacht Manager to develop and implement effective short and long-term trading strategies, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurately maintained.
- Participate in both internal and external marketing activities.
- Proactively control risks ensuring that all customers and suppliers are vetted and approved, cost of claims are minimized, and counterparty financial strength is regularly and carefully considered in conjunction with the Credit Team.
- Keep abreast of all relevant yachting and oil sector developments through regular reading of relevant trade publications, newspapers etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business level of English language essential; knowledge of other languages is desirable.
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package.
- Confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Persuasive and influential by nature, a highly effective negotiator able to ‘think on your feet’.
- High level of customer orientation, attention to detail and able to listen and respond effectively to customer queries, solve problems, and commit to exceeding customer expectations.
- High level of commercial acumen, able to think analytically and strategically and understand the wider business context.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and towards shared goals but equally able to work independently with a minimal level of supervision.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills.