Senior Infrastructure Engineer
You'll work with the Infrastructure Manager, as well as building and managing key relationships with 3rd party service providers. Maintaining and improving the firm's Infrastructure is a key element of this role, ensuring that it meets the firm's needs and remains fit for purpose.
- Maintenance and support of the Windows server environment
- Maintenance and support of Microsoft Exchange server (Exchange 201x, Hybrid deployments & Exchange Online)
- Day-to-day Management of core infrastructure. (VMware / Storage / Networking / Routers / Switches / On-Premise & Azure)
- Monitor live environment through internal monitoring systems keeping both hardware and software running.
- Work with, and where necessary managing the relationship of external service providers to ensure services are achieving expected performance levels via monitoring tools and regular interaction (face to face meetings and conference calls).
- In conjunction with relevant support company manage and maintain network switches and firewalls
- Ensuring all IT infrastructure documentation is maintained and kept up to date
- Work with the Infrastructure manager to perform DR tests with the focus of creating a continual service improvement plan around this process
- Assist with planning and delivery of all IT infrastructure related projects
- Assist with cyber security hardening projects
- Assist the IT Desktop team when required for general end user support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding and experience managing on-premise and cloud infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Windows Server OS (2016,2019, 2022), and experience of administering, managing and maintaining AD, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
- Strong understanding and experience working with virtualization platforms, including VMWare and Citrix XenApp
- Strong understanding of, and experience of managing Exchange Server and Exchange Online
- Good practical understanding of networking (segmentation, switching, routing, VLANs, WLAN, SDN and firewalls)
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies (specifically Azure and Office 365)
- Good understanding of remote access technologies (Citrix, VPN, DirectAccess/Always On)
- Ability to understand, create and run powershell / scripts
- Good understanding of XDR/ SIEM platforms, working with 3rd party SOCs to raise/ resolve issues
- Good understanding of backup and continuity solutions