Senior Operational Risk
Peninsula is a leading supplier of marine energy services and solutions globally. As the company grows in size and complexity, it is vital that our risk management function is ready and able to support evolving demands and challenges. We are seeking a Senior Operational Risk Analyst to join our Operational Risk department and play an important role in helping build and shape the risk strategy of the company.
Candidates will have prior experience from working in a risk, compliance, or internal audit position in a relevant industry e.g., commodities, shipping, bunkerage.
Importantly they will bring subject matter expertise and strong knowledge of risk management frameworks & principles, to help upskill the knowledge of the team and develop the overall awareness and maturity of the company when it comes to effective risk management.
- Supporting the implementation of Operational Risk framework across core and emerging commercial and operational activities.
- Provide subject matter expertise and insights to management and wider organisation on operational risk issues and industry best practice.
- Deputising for the Operational Risk Manager in managing the team and providing representation & input into various tasks and meetings.
- Helping to review & improve on existing policies and guidelines in order increase risk management awareness and drive change in culture & behaviours
- Supporting the Incident Management Regime by investigating and analysing incident reports to identify control gaps or weaknesses, and document findings and improvement suggestions via written reports;•Helping to devise and implement and Enterprise Risk Management framework and Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA);
- Lead internal initiatives to develop & improve risk controls
- Contributing & maintaining the iServer business process infrastructure, procedural documentation, key processes and controls across all departments and ensure continuous improvement to avoid risks;
- Preparing risk reports and updates and presenting this information as part of regular internal risk management meetings.
- Supporting the Systems Development Lifecycle by working with IT to ensure that system changes or enhancements are aligned with the risk management & control framework and consistent with desired business process.
- Preferably from commodity trading or bunkering background with proven experience of working in an operational risk role or related function.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities;
- An individual that is unfazed and comfortable with new, complicated, vague or ill-defined information or processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills and theability to build, expand and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- Ability to mediate between different character types and points of view to achieve outcomes;
- Management experienceand ability to lead and develop junior team members.
- Knowledge of operational risk and control processes;
- Excellent working knowledge of commodity trading and supply chain operations;
- Experience in risk, audit/assurance, compliance/internal control or consulting;
- Strong IT Skills and aptitude, experience with Energy Trading Risk Management Systems (ETRM);
- BPMN process mapping experience;
- Professional qualifications preferred in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or risk & financial (FRM/ERP/CFA).