DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Supply & Trading
Engage in the purchase and sale of marine fuel and associated products and to foster profitable and longstanding relationships with a portfolio of counterparties, whist maintaining a risk aware perspective with regard to credit risk and payment performance. Reselling Supply teams are responsible for delivering P&L in their supply-markets of influence. To do so, it is expected that the supply teams: 1. Generate competitive supply solutions 2. Coordinate a robust demand generation process along with the Sales and Market Intelligence teams; 3. Comply with the controlling framework set by the company, including but not limited to DOA, CRM, PTA, transaction communication protocols, bookkeeping, data integrity, claims handling, etc. This role would suit someone with previous in Trading experience, ideally within the bunker sector. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Establish and build relationships with new and existing suppliers to increase strike rate and margin on business within the region;
- Actively and diligently work inbound enquiries from other regional offices within the Peninsula Petroleum Group;
- Openly communicate with other traders internally to maximise the efficient flow of market and customer intelligence throughout the company;
- Understand, analyse and interpret market conditions, identify counterparty needs, provide product and price information, negotiate deals and handle general customer queries relating to the sales process;
- Follow market fundamentals as well as local cargo index movements/variances to identify opportunities to establish competitive advantage;
- Work with the Regional Head and Book Management functions to develop and implement effective short and long-term trading strategies, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurately maintained;
- Participate in both internal and external marketing activities when required;
- Use MINT and local market intelligence to generate leads to Sales teams;
- Proactively control risks ensuring that all suppliers are vetted and approved, cost of claims are minimized, and counterparty financial strength is regularly and carefully considered in conjunction with the Supplier Credit Team;
- Keep abreast of all relevant shipping and oil sector developments through regular reading of relevant trade publications, newspapers etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business level of English language essential, local language of certain location as additional skill
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Persuasive and influential by nature, a highly effective negotiator able to ‘think on your feet’
- Able to work under time pressure
- Well organised and motivated
- High level of computer literacy including MS Office package and CRM systems
- Good trading pattern
- Knowledge of bunker industry, shipping market and fuel specifications.
- Ability to work collaboratively of part of a team within certain frames
- High level of customer orientation, attention to detail and able to listen and respond effectively to customer queries, solve problems, and commit to exceeding customer expectations
- knowledge of other languages is desirable