DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Supply & Trading
Peninsula Petroleum is a leading integrated marine fuels supplier with a global presence. We are seeking a Quality Analyst to help grow a new department within the business. The ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of marine bunker fuel and its specifications as well as an understanding of quality systems and control procedures. You will be the in-house expert on all issues related to marine fuel quality covering the full supply chain. Your main interaction will be with Peninsula’s commercial and cargo teams and the Claims department; ensuring all quality standards are upheld, and any issues are resolved. You will be analytical and focused on the detail, as well as be able to build excellent relationships with global teams. You will have a good knowledge of terminals and barge operations and ideally have experience in a relevant industry (e.g. shipping, bunkering, commodities).
• Working closely with the Head of Quality, business leaders and commercial teams to define the key duties of this new department;
• Share your knowledge and expertise to train and upskill relevant internal stakeholders through internal training and informal conversations;
• Understand the business need for quality guidelines and procedures and prepare & implement appropriately;
• Identify and lead on relevant internal projects from inception to completion;
• Analyse and interpret Marine Fuel data and staying up to date with all relevant industry developments;
• Follow up on all fuel quality related matters with internal and external
• Work closely with teams across the business to resolve quality related issues and
evolve processes to reduce future issues;
• Work closely with the Claims and Legal teams on any quality related claims.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Expert knowledge of marine fuel specifications, standards and test methods.
• Knowledge of marine propulsion and shipboard fuel handling equipment.
• Knowledge of marine fuel legislations and future fuels.
• Ability and willingness to travel globally.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated competency with MS Office software particularly Excel.
• Sound command of the English language (written and verbal).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• knowledge of other languages is desirable
• Knowledge of cargo operations
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCREDITATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a maritime discipline