The Travel Manager position is a varied role which is responsible for the appointment, planning, co-ordination of employees travelling to locations globally. The role is responsible for ensuring that all travel transactions are processed and finalised in an accurate and timely manner. The role requires working collaboratively and in close co-operation with both internal and external stakeholders, working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- To take ownership of all aspects of corporate travel, including booking flights, accommodations, and ground transportation, assisting in the application for travel visas and any other immigration requirements dependent on location.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, assisting with travel-related inquiries and issues in an efficient, proactive, and empathetic manner.
- Handle emergency situations, such as flight cancellations or travel disruptions, effectively.
- Monitor travel expenses.
- Maintain accurate records of travel bookings and expenses.
- Ensure compliance with company travel policies and regulations.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to improve travel management processes.
- Be proactive in helping to keep costs down where possible.
- Experience of working as a business or corporate travel consultant, team assistant or travel agent position.
- Computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package is essential.
- SAP/Concur experience desirable but not essential.
- A high level of personal and professional commitment, with a flexible approach and an ability to work using own initiative to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced role is important.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including demonstrating a positive attitude, professional manner and a can-do willing attitude.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and handle emergency situations.
- Knowledge of Fuel oil and the Bunker Industry desirable.