Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer key responsibilities will include providing first and second line desktop & remote IT support to all levels of users within the group. This role would suit someone who can respond quickly and well to incidents and problems.
- Take ownership of complex Incident and Problem cases and document resolution in helpdesk software.
- Log all helpdesk calls.
- Plan and carry out changes in response to Projects, Work orders, and Service requests.
- First & Second line support for Telephony systems and associated infrastructure.
- Possibly build servers and workstations as required and the testing of patch and version releases.
- Comply with IT policies and procedural controls.
- To liaise with external companies and suppliers in order to resolve issues or implement changes as directed by the IT Manager.
- The role will require off-site travel on occasion and evening and weekend work in response to system needs. It will also involve support of Maritime operations onboard vessels in the Gibraltar area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with Azure.
- Active Directory.
- Office 365.
- Mobile Device Management.
- Windows Desktops.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Familiarity with Citrix would be beneficial.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities; effective time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Able to work cooperatively and productively with others; actively contribute to successful team performance.