LOCATION: London / Athens
Covering the global trading portfolio, the Market Analyst will support both the credit, business development and market intelligence teams with day-to-day analysis of our Customer & Supply portfolio and external market fundamentals. This role would suit someone with experience analysing macro and micro economic data and particular focus on various marine shipping markets. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, writing, data and organisation skills.
• Work alongside London & Singapore credit analysts to develop Peninsula positions on shipping/commodity market trends and macroeconomics through short opinion pieces for distribution across the company. Role includes commodity market data entry and basic analysis of trends.
• Create and maintain a roster of reports on above-mentioned subjects for constant use by credit teams, and other business units, when analysing risk and preparing for customer meetings or other stakeholder contact.
• Support Customer & Supply Credit Analysis team with regular updates on urgent market developments that may affect particular sectors.
• Carry out sporadic ad-hoc analysis as directed by senior analysts in response to senior management requests.
• Contribute to external and internal presentations given by senior analysts through preparation of data and PowerPoint presentation slides.
• Support Business Development activities by highlighting any business opportunities that may arise through analysis.
• Understand Peninsula’s bespoke internal data and analyse it to generate insights that can be used to assess counterparties and general market trends. Cooperate with data teams to improve the way internal data is structured and visualized.
• Liaise with traders, shipping intelligence agencies, insurance companies, shipping companies, and any other relevant counterparties to build up a network of contacts within the market.
• Assist with Peninsula’s marketing strategy through the creation of publishable content.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Hard-working, goal-oriented and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven
• An analytical mind-set, solid numerical skills and a high level of attention to detail; able to analyse and interpret complex information, process data and provide credible recommendations based on sound judgement and with a focus on quality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner, and with authority to a variety of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, expand and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business
• A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities; effective time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
• Able to work co-operatively and productively with others; actively contribute to successful team performance and the achievement of shared goals
• Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required training
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential and a further language would be desirable.
• High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package; particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Good practical knowledge of Power BI would be desirable
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCREDITATIONS
• Master’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Finance, Economics, Business, Science.