Engage in the purchase and sale of marine fuel and associated products and to foster profitable and longstanding relationships with a portfolio of counterparties, whist maintaining a risk aware perspective with regards to credit risk and payment performance. This role would suit someone with previous in Sales/Trading experience, ideally within the Energy/Maritime sector. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills
• Pro-actively market to a portfolio of new & existing customers, establish and build relationships with a view to increasing enquiries and selling the products and services of Peninsula;
• Openly communicate with other traders to maximise the efficient flow of market and customer intelligence throughout the company and fully support international colleagues in actively and diligently working inbound enquiries from other regional offices around the Peninsula Petroleum Group;
• Understand, analyse and interpret market conditions, identify counterparty needs, provide product and price information, negotiate deals and prepare and process orders, handle administration and general customer queries relating to the sales process;
• Proactively control credit risk ensuring that late payments are chased; costs of claims are minimised; and counterparty financial strength is regularly and carefully considered in conjunction with the Credit Team;
• Develop and expand the Company’s business portfolio by leveraging the Group’s global network and ensuring that all sales opportunities are identified and maximised.